Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What is Gibson fitness and what is the latest news?

I've received several requests to share the story of the last several days, particularly the craziness of last Saturday and Sunday. I think I'll pass. If you want the story, you'll have to petition Kirsten to record it. I don't feel like re-living it :) Suffice it to say that our gas and water lines are now functional and the dishwasher is hooked up.

I wanted to share something that I think is pretty cool about my family. I come from a family of eight children and most of us children are in our twenties and early thirties. As is so often the case with young adulthood, some of us (read: ME) are slowly growing out of shape. I have to swallow my pride to say that. I have to boast on Kirsten for just a second though. She's very adamant about fitness. It's impressive. Our family is now spread all over in Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Arizona, and Taiwan, but last week we decided to join up together in spirit and become long-distance exercise partners. We're all setting personal fitness goals--some have to do with weight, others with our diet, others with exercise--and working together to achieve them. So far so good. I'm very excited about working together for better health. It's great to be united in a common cause. I happened to read an article about another family that did something similar. For our family I've called it Gibson fitness, but I didn't think of the name; I think it's trademarked. My brother Dan, who is actually amazingly fit, runs a personal training gym called Gibson Fitness in Queen Creek, Arizona near Mesa. He has my personal endorsement (whatever that's worth), so if you're in the Mesa area you should check it out.

And here's the latest news, for those of you who don't know: we're expecting baby number three in August. Do me a favor and place your vote in the poll on our blog for what the baby will be. We have no idea. The ultrasound is in a few weeks and I'll post the answer then.

3 comments:

Britney said...

congratulations! i randomly voted girl.

Byron said...

Way to go on the motivation for fitness. Byron and I are always looking for new ways to set goals or get motivated to get in/stay in shape. Sounds like you've found a great way. Good luck.

Congrats on the baby!! We had no idea, now I feel even worse about your recent move and unexpected adventures. Hope you are feeling ok, Kirsten. As for my vote, it has to be a BOY.... does anyone in the ward have anything else these days??? So excited for your growing fam!

An said...

Hey, did you have that ultrasound yet?