Monday, February 18, 2008

Just a couple of things

Sam is at a fun age. He is really starting to pick up on words. When I lay him down in his crib for the night he often says, "Good night. I love you," which warms my heart. Sometimes when I go to pick him up after he wakes up he starts jumping up and down when he sees me. He just smiles and jumps and jumps and jumps and then finally jumps into my outreached arms. It's moments like those that make being a dad extra special.
Here's one of my favorite pictures of Sam.

We're getting ready to move this weekend. Moving is never fun. Fortunately this should be our last move in graduate school. We're also fortunate that we're not moving far. It will still take a lot of work and we're in the middle of packing things up. We'll be pretty busy, so I'm not sure if they'll be any time to post anything for the next little while, but we'll see. Kirsten says that after the move she'll start posting too. I'm sure that will be more interesting than my blabbing.

One final note, one of my former mission companions had a pretty funny post about Russia. "You know you've been in Russia too long when" If you've been to Russia and know the culture you'll find it's right on the mark. I keep chuckling each time I look at it as I recall specific memories linked to each point. If you've never been there, well, you just won't get it. Let me know if you want to go and I'd be happy to be your tour guide.

3 comments:

Ammon said...

Cute kids Matt. So where are you moving to?

Lisa said...

That Sam is a cutie! I didn't know you guys had a blog, you've been holding out on me. : )

Matt said...

So we moved only about a mile away, still in Ann Arbor.