Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's about time


So everyone always says that when your third child comes, you suddenly live in a different world. I never quite believed that. After all, people exaggerate, right? Well, maybe, but now I readily admit that having three children is a huge change. It's good. It's a challenge. And as hard as the juggling act can be, it's worth all the effort.

So now life seems to be back in a routine. And now I've decided to give this blog some new life again. I won't promise that it will be exciting as the other blog lives everyone reads about, but it'll be something, at least for now :) And of course, you'd all do well to encourage Kirsten to write a thing or two. She's bound to be much more interesting!

And for good measure, I've included a picture from around Christmas time. Claire was only about 3.5 months in this picture. She was born August 18, so she's quickly approaching the 6 month. She's a very good, happy baby!

6 comments:

Hubers said...

It IS about time. I'm glad to see a picture of your family. I've been wondering about your new addition. I would love to see more pics!

Byron said...

Welcome back. I'm not very consistent either, but it's good when I'm here. Enjoy!

Lisa said...

Great family pic, glad you're back with blogging!

Bennett Family said...

What a beautiful little girl! I have been hoping you would post a picture of her. I agree 3 kids is alot harder than I thought but totally worth it.

Kerri said...

Alright!! Good job getting back on the band wagon. Love the shot of your baby girl. Miss you guys. ~The Costleys

EmmaP said...

hey Matt! nice to see you on the blogosphere!

When I was prego w/ my 3rd, people would ALWAYS say to me, "3 is the MAGIC number. If you have 3 you might as well have 10!!!" I didn't get it. now I do! It's mostly the fact that there aren't enough arms to hold all of them at once, especially if they all happen to be crying at once. Three is also the point in which it seems like luandry and dishes multiply and replenish every few seconds. It is more draining... Honestly, I don't know how our moms did it. :)

Emma
Not So Usual